21 September 2009

Dominican sisters arrive in Austin, TX

I received the following request from my novitiate classmate, Fr. Gerald Mendoza, OP, concerning the much anticipated arrival in Austin, TX of the Dominican Sisters of Mary, Mother of the Eucharist:

Dear Fr. Philip Neri:

They’re here in Austin! Please see if you can give them some press on your blog and at your vast network and please ask people to pray for their community, mission and ministry and to support them financially. I have been in contact with them and they need all the support they can get. Their website is here. They are booming vocations and are faithful sisters in fidelity to the Church. I hope to visit their community soon and have extended an invitation to ours.

Pax e Bene, Fr. Gerald

Please visit the sisters' site and offer any help--material, spiritual, financial--that you can! I can testify that having OP Sisters praying for you is mighty powerful stuff. . .

Detailed news article about the sisters' arrival here.

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous10:01 AM

    I am truly thankful for our bishop having invited them and for their accepting coming over.

    But have you noticed the tone of most comments in the news article? Austin is mission territory!

    May Mary, Mother of the Eucharist, intercede for them and for Austin.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A wonderful group of 4 of these sisters arrived in the Sacramento diocese about a year ago. We are so blessed to have them here! Please keep all of these sisters and their missions in your prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous2:19 AM

    I don't know where to put this. But it's a program on the radio I found fascinating and huge interest. As a Catholic, I mean.


    http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=112968197

    ReplyDelete