10 February 2010

Italy freaks out over paranormal activity

There's a minor controversy roiling in Italy over the movie, Paranormal Activity.  

Apparently, some Italian movie-goers are freaking out during and after the movie.  Showing signs of classic panic attacks, children and teens are complaining of shortness of breath, rapid heart rate, etc.  

I'm not sure what to make of this.  My first reaction was:  the movie studio must be delighted at the free P.R.  Nothing promotes a book or film better than a call to ban it for producing unpleasant effects.

Then I started wondering if the attacks were more than just your typical teenager overreaction.  It would be interesting (though difficult) to find out if these afflicted teens have any connections to occult practices or worldviews.  Most of the attacks are being reported in Naples.  I've been told more than once that Naples is a center of occultism in Italy.  Rome has its share too. 

Hmmmmm. . .???

Follow HancAquam ------------>

3 comments:

  1. hmmm, sounds like a movie I DON'T want to see....thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Naples is crazy - there are billboards all over the place for psychics and card readers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I dunno. I saw the film, and have a background in the occult, but I found it pretty boring. Very Blair Witch Project, with an incredibly weak plot. Probably just teenagers getting caught up in the hype, I imagine.

    ReplyDelete