25 December 2009

News Miscellany

Buon Natale!  Merry Christmas!  Feliz Navidad!

Spent the last three days slowly descending into a flu-like malaise.  Yesterday, it peaked.  Better today.

The second volume of the prayer book is being edited.  I'm working on the introduction and Fr. Thomas McDermott, OP has graciously agreed to write the foreword.

The new book contains a Beatitude Rosary, which Liguori will publish as a pamphlet as well.  I'm thinking of proposing a booklet of night prayers.

Still waiting to hear from U.D. about summer teaching.  I'll be in Fort Worth most of July.  Plans to spend Sept. at Blackfriars, Oxford are still brewing.

Added a few books of poetry to the WISH LIST. . .a friar can't thrive on philosophy and theology alone!

Also, if anyone is so-inclined:  the English Chaplain needs new lectionary [Some generous soul purchased this one already!] The friars made fun of me a few weeks ago for getting the details of the gospel wrong in my homily.  When we checked, we discovered that the lectionary we have (pre-NAB translation) is different from the one I use to write my homilies (USCCB website's version of the approved text).  We would greatly appreciate it!

Anyone want to get us a Year I lectionary?

7 comments:

  1. Father Powell..your new lectionary is on the way. Merry Christmas and God's blessings.
    Sylvia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Father, if you come to Oxford next fall, a pint's on me. I'm an American reading Theology at Oxford and exploring a vocation with the Dominicans. I love our Blackfriars folks.

    Merry Christmas,
    Cole Matson
    http://colematson.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. One of these days, just one of these days, the wretched NAB will be dropped, and replaced with ... Douay-Rheims ... RSV-CE ... or maybe, even, one can even dream ... Ronald Knox ... I'm a lector, and gosh do I want to switch translations ...

    ReplyDelete
  4. PMc: couldn't agree with you more. The NAB is wretched indeed.

    Sylvia! Mille grazie, bella!

    ReplyDelete
  5. be sure to set aside a day to chase hooligans so we can make sure you don't starve during July!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Merry Christmas to you and the friars, Father!

    Thought you and your readers would like to know about Novantiqua press. The blog owner is a student at the Angelicum.

    http://novantiqua.com/

    DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. Concerning the "Year I Lectionary," looks like you're going to get two, although it was still on the "Wish List" when I ordered it. But that's okay. There's bound to be a use for more than one in your setting!

    ReplyDelete