04 October 2013

Pantheistic Harmony ain't Franciscan Peace

Once again, defying the desperate/vain hopes of CathProgs. . .


Franciscan peace is not something saccharine. Hardly! That is not the real Saint Francis! Nor is it a kind of pantheistic harmony with forces of the cosmos. . .  That is not Franciscan either; it is a notion some people have invented! The peace of Saint Francis is the peace of Christ, and it is found by those who “take up” their “yoke”, namely, Christ’s commandment: Love one another as I have loved you. This yoke cannot be borne with arrogance, presumption or pride, but only with meekness and humbleness of heart.

Hear, hear! 
___________________

Follow HancAquam or Subscribe ----->

1 comment:

  1. If -- *if* -- I take up my cross daily and follow Jesus to Golgotha, if I had great anguish until it is accomplished in my own life... then how could I not have peace? What could happen to me that would trouble me, if I am focused on Him and, consequently, already expecting to be crucified?

    ReplyDelete