23 December 2012

On being temporally cheated

I need an alarm clock with bigger LED numbers.

Woke up this morning, glanced at my clock:  3:55.

Since I usually get up at 4.00 anyway, I rolled out of bed and headed downstairs for a big cup of coffee.

Back in my room to check email, etc. After a while I glanced down at my laptop clock: 3:50.

Uh?

Apparently, the bedside clock had read 3:25 not 3:55.  I was cheated out of 30 minutes of sleep by the tiny numbers on a clock!

As they say, "First World problems. . ."
_____________

Follow HancAquam or Subscribe ----->

3 comments:

  1. Getting up at oh four hundred...reason number 23,343 why I would fail at the religious life.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's no religious reason among the OP friars for getting up at 0400. Country boy habit.

      Delete
  2. That's nothing. One time I woke up and thought it was five. Showered, dressed, left for work. I thought it was awfully dark, and I also thought that Dunkin Donuts were open by five. Then I turned on the radio and did a face palm when I heard the announcer say that it was four. It must have been three--not five on the digital clock!

    ReplyDelete