23 August 2011

Arrived in the U.K.

Made it to Oxford, UK!

No problems at all. . .well, a Sikh immigration officer at Heathrow grilled me rather mercilessly about my travel plans.  It was like an episode from NCIS with Gibbs ripping my travel itinerary apart.  I've flown in and out of the UK twenty times (?) since 2003 and no one in immigration has ever so much as looked twice at my passport or questioned my reasons for being in the UK.  I wonder if I got a little extra scrutiny b/c I listed "Catholic priest" as my occupation?  Hmmmm. . .paranoid?  Maybe. . .

Follow HancAquam & Check out my Wish List --------->

6 comments:

  1. Meh, don't be paranoid. They give me the third degree and I'm an historian. Did they ask you lots of questions about your health insurance? I always get that, and then generally some rather prying questions about my research -- what time period am I researching, am I interviewing people, etc? What do they care! I know in the US student visas have been a point of entry for illegal immigrants and terrorists, I wonder if there's a similar concern over there. Have fun in Olde England!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They're probably scared you're there to overthrow the crown and re-establish a papist monarchy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jam, but I'm an American! Why would I want to be an illegal in the UK???

    JS, HA!

    ReplyDelete
  4. See you on September 14th!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Augustine, send me your email address. . .we can make plans for your arrival.

    ReplyDelete
  6. *I* just think you look kinda suspicious.

    ReplyDelete