31 October 2012

Free Catholic Books



The Year of Faith is upon us. . .

Lots of suggestions floating around out there for celebrating the Year of Faith.

As a Dominican friar and bibliophile, I have one to add to the growing list:

READ MORE BOOKS!

The link above will take you to a site with links to dozens of free Catholic classics.

May I direct your attention to the Church Fathers.  Our Patristic sources are particular favorites of Pope BXVI.

Enjoy.
_____________

Follow HancAquam or Subscribe ----->

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous10:04 AM

    I love reading the Church Fathers, but it seems to me that, in my case, much of it goes to my head and just a little to my heart. How can I make more of the Fathers reach my heart and convert it to the Lord?

    TIA

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The head responds to arguments. The heart responses to experience. So, you gotta love to be loved in return. The starting point is experiencing human love as sourced in divine love.

      Whom do you love?

      Delete
    2. Anonymous4:56 PM

      Obviously, I love me own self first and foremost! ;-) On another note, I'll have to take your reply to adoration... <3

      Delete