03 November 2009

Book arrivals, etc.

Quick Wish List notes. . .

D.A. from Maryland. . .all seven of the books you shipped have arrived.  I gave them to Fr. Itza of the Angelicum library this morning.  Mille grazie!  A Thank You note will go out this weekend.

D.S. from N. Carolina. . .the book you sent some six months ago arrived safely!  One of my German brothers saw it and "borrowed" it almost immediately. . .don't worry:  I know where he lives.  Thank you for the addition!

P.P. from FL. . .I rec'd your gift while I was still in TX, however, the shipping invoice was shipped with my other books to Rome before I left Houston. . .just now getting it again.  Mille grazie. . .and a Thank You note headed your way.

Some of you may have noticed that my WISH LIST selections have shifted slightly from Philosophy of Science to Philosophy of Religion and philosophical theology.   As I move into Ph.D. work, my research must become more and more specialized.   Though I have not yet selected a specific topic, it will be something having to do with the controversy of using/abusing science in the defense of pluralistic theologies of religion (i.e., use/abuse of science in theology to promote heresy).

Pray for me!  Tough week. . .


4 comments:

  1. Now, now. You know we don't *own* anything personally. You gotta stamp that "ad usum" on your...er, OUR book as soon as you get it, if you want to "keep" them. ;)

    The only thing more frightening in nature a school of Great White sharks on a wounded seal would be a pack of Dominicans attacking a box of not-yet-claimed books!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fr Dismas, lest you have forgotten...I'm 6'1", 320 lbs...there are no OP seals circling my books...er, our books.

    ReplyDelete
  3. glad they finally made it!! my son & i are traveling to roma next month for an ordination of a friend. do you have any free time for a bite to eat or caffe`?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous11:12 PM

    Due to the sometimes overly strident comments on BOTH sides of issues on this blog, I felt the urge to post this from my readings tonight. It is from Deus Caritas Est. None of us is perfect. But I pray that true charity prevail in all of us becoming more Christ-like.

    Here is the quote from the beginning of the Letter:

    In a world where the name of God is sometimes associated with vengeance or even a duty of hatred and violence, this message is both timely and significant. For this reason, I wish in my first Encyclical to speak of the love which God lavishes upon us and which we in turn must share with others. That, in essence, is what the two main parts of this Letter are about, and they are profoundly interconnected. The first part is more speculative, since I wanted here—at the beginning of my Pontificate—to clarify some essential facts concerning the love which God mysteriously and gratuitously offers to man, together with the intrinsic link between that Love and the reality of human love. The second part is more concrete, since it treats the ecclesial exercise of the commandment of love of neighbour. The argument has vast implications, but a lengthy treatment would go beyond the scope of the present Encyclical. I wish to emphasize some basic elements, so as to call forth in the world renewed energy and commitment in the human response to God's love.

    Pax Christi

    ReplyDelete