01 February 2010

Notes on the Book Depository Wish List Experiment

Two generous HancAquam readers have used the BDWL to sent me two books.  

First, books do not disappear from the Wish List once purchased as they do on the Amazon Wish List.  I only discovered this today when a book arrived as a very pleasant surprise.  So, please, let me know if you buy a book so I can delete it from the list.

Second, also unlike the Amazon list, the BD list does not automatically include my shipping address when you add a book to the shopping cart.  I tried to include it in the notes that accompany each listing, but these notes only appear when I sign into the account.  My shipping address is at the bottom of this site on the right. 

I've contact BD about both of these issues, but they have not been able to help me out. . .yet.

Thanks again!


Follow HancAquam ------------>

5 comments:

  1. I tried to buy a book for you about 3 days ago using my Paypal account. I copied your address from this blog site. But I was unable to complete the transaction, and the reason given was that I must put in the state where you live.

    I also wondered whether when books were purchased they were removed from the book list. I am glad that you cleared this up for me.

    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mary, there's a drop-down menu that allows you to select a country for the shipping address...

    Thanks for trying! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I tried again, but could only find states and territories of USA. Doesn't matter, I just canceled the Paypal checkout and completed the sale using the Book Depository's own payment form.

    Tillich book is on its way. Small token of thanks for your fine posts.

    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous7:59 AM

    Hello Fr Philip

    Please look out for William Desmond's 'Is There a Sabbath for Thought?'. It's on its way to you. I checked the tracking option on the website and it was dispatched last week. The title grabbed me. Happy reading

    Rachel (UK)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rachael, it arrived today! Another surprise...lovely. Mille grazie.

    ReplyDelete