30 January 2013

A ghost in my library?

Around 2.30 this morning I was awakened by a soft thump near my bed. 

I "heard" the thump as books falling from a nearby shelf.
 
Having a vivid imagination and a theological mind, I went back to sleep thinking that a demon/poltergeist/ghost was messing around with my library, trying to frighten me.

These sleepy ruminations turned into a dream where I awoke at my usual 4.30am to discover all of my books piled up in neat stacks on the floor.

When I actually awoke at 4.30am, I fully expected to see my bookshelves bare and my floor covered by teetering towers of books!

After a few seconds to get my glasses on, I saw three books on the floor, face down.  One written by BXVI on preaching; on written by de Lubac on interpreting scripture; and a third by Pelikan on the history of the BVM.

So. . .what's the demon/poltergeist/ghost trying to tell me?
______________

Follow HancAquam or Subscribe ----->

8 comments:

  1. ...that you haven't dusted and kept organized your book shelves. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why. . .I'll have you know that Ms Pam and Ms Lydia keep my bookshelves dust-free! The organization part could be true though. :-)

      Delete
  2. Perhaps prepare your next homily with some impressive biblical exegesis on the Blessed Virgin Mary?

    Just a thought :)

    Then again, it probably wasn't a demon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I doubt it was a demon. Probably just precariously shelved books.

      Delete
  3. That you need a better hiding spot for the bourbon?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YIKES!!! I'd not thought of that. Good idea. . .

      Delete
  4. Anonymous5:18 PM

    Isn't liquor supposed to go behind biographies of Ulysses S. Grant? (Although I suppose you might not be allowed that down South.)

    When books fall off my bookshelf, it's usually a sign there are far too many books on the shelf.

    Marie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The only Ulysses I know anything about fought at Troy and founded Rome. ;-)

      Delete