29 March 2013

The Cross: do you understand?

One question: do you really, truly understand what Good Friday is all about?

"I do not wish to add too many words. One word should suffice this evening, that is the Cross itself. The Cross is the word through which God has responded to evil in the world. Sometimes it may seem as though God does not react to evil, as if he is silent. And yet, God has spoken, he has replied, and his answer is the Cross of Christ: a word which is love, mercy, forgiveness. It is also reveals a judgment, namely that God, in judging us, loves us. In judging us, he loves us. If I embrace his love then I am saved, if I refuse it, then I am condemned, not by him, but my own self, because God never condemns, he only loves and saves."

He only loves and saves b/c it is His nature to love and save. Whether we receive this love and salvation is up to us. . .choose.
_____________

Follow HancAquam or Subscribe

No comments:

Post a Comment