31 May 2012

Milestone, or millstone?

I hit a milestone today. . .an embarrassing one. . .

For the first time in seven years of being a priest, I forgot to celebrate a Mass.

I was supposed to celebrate an afternoon Mass at the Women's New Life Center in Metairie at 3.00pm.  

I blame the Devil, my entrance into dotage, and my over-caffeinated squirrel brain.

Mea culpa!

Fr. Philip Neri, OP

Follow HancAquam and visit the Kindle Wish List and the Books & Things Wish List

Click on St. Martin and donate to the Dominicans!


  1. Well, then, here you go. To celebrate your upcoming dotage let me tag you for a meme.

  2. Father, you have said before that "Dominican planning" is an oxymoron! (I can attest to the truth of that just as much in the Western Province as in yours.)

  3. Anonymous12:00 PM

    Oh....I feel for ya. To make you feel better I'll give you my most embrassing. I was saying mass for a youth group in a chapel I didn't know, during the prayers I keep wondering where to put the communion lines as I said "this is my body given up for you" and raised my hands and to my horror saw that I was holding the Chalice! I bumbly said I'm sorry and I would have to start the Eucharistic prayer again. to make it worse there were seminarians in the group. As a classmate said later, well it can't get any worse, literally there is nothing worse then messing up the consecration.

    Fr. Joshua