07 June 2011

Texas Whirlwind

I've arrived in Irving, TX. . .well, I got here Saturday afternoon.  Things have been a whirlwind since then. . .thus the lack of blogging. 

It's gonna be a busy one, folks!  So far, I'm signed up for the Friday community Mass.  Will probably catch a Sunday Mass or two as well.

Last night, I went to WalMart with several of the friars.  Standing in line at the register I overheard two teenage girls talking about whether or not to get their noses pierced, "Like. . .not the big kind but like the really tiny sparkly kind."  The whole conversation sent me into a Despair Spiral, mourning the decline of our culture.  Then, out of the blue, one of the girls asks the other (I am not lying here), "Did you get that objectivism stuff yesterday?"  Response:  "Yea.  Ayn Rand.  It's an epistemology based on her rejection of altruism and religion."  OK.  Wasn't expecting that. 

Pray for me and my students. . .God bless, Fr. Philip

Follow HancAquam & Check out my Wish List --------->

1 comment:

  1. Please pray for my cousin's daughter Brittany. She lives in the Dallas area and has disappeared, leaving behind a husband and two small children. She's been known to use drugs so the possibilities range from bad to worse.

    As soon as Mom said she was from the Dallas area, I thought of you, despite knowing that God hears prayers from here just as well as from there.

    Marie in MA

    ReplyDelete