21 October 2009

Deadlines & Prayer

Time to storm heaven with prayer, Faithful Readers!

I have a writing/deadline schedule from my thesis director:

Chapters One and Two:  Nov 8th
Chapters Three-Five:  Dec 8th 

This schedule will get me done in time to spend about a month studying for comps and the French exam.  Since I am a fast writer, the deadlines will be no problem at all.  However, I am the Platonic Form of All Procrastination in the Known Universe.  So, please pray for persistence in study, strength to write, and a sense of joy in what I am doing.

Knowing that I cannot start teaching again until I have the Ph.L. in hand is a great motivator to finish.  Knowing that you are praying for me is greater still.


Mille grazie!

6 comments:

  1. You've got them, Father- will remember you at Mass tomorrow and during my Holy Hour for priests tomorrow evening.
    God Bless!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Come, Holy Spirit, Divine Creator, true source of light and fountain of wisdom! Pour forth your brilliance upon my dense intellect, dissipate the darkness which covers me, that of sin and of ignorance.

    Grant me a penetrating mind to understand, a retentive memory, method and ease in learning, the lucidity to comprehend, and abundant grace in expressing myself.

    Guide the beginning of my work, direct its progress, and bring it to successful completion.

    This I ask through Jesus Christ, true God and true man, living and reigning with You and the Father, forever and ever.
    Amen.

    H/T Thomas Aquinas, OP

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good Luck with your Thesis, and getting it done on time without too much procrastination. I will pray for you today at mass or vespers.

    From a fellow procrastinator...which according to my parents is my middle name!

    ReplyDelete
  4. lois in Indy12:08 PM

    Praying. lois

    ReplyDelete
  5. so...I should pray that God give you a kick in the butt to get going?


    just checking...wanna be precise in my prayer dochaknow.

    ReplyDelete