15 May 2009

Literary Snob Turns Redneck for $7

I'll stand toe-to-toe with the snobbish European elite in a battle of literary tastes. I only read the best poetry and the best fiction. If the author isn't on his/her way to a Pultizer, a PEN/Faulkner, a Man Booker, or a Nobel, I don't read it.

Movies, on the other hand, are an entirely different story. My blue-blood literary elitism turns decidedly Mississippi-redneck when I shuck out $7 at the local Malco.

I have three criteria for movies I will pay to see:

Anything with aliens (the outer-space kind not the illegal kind)
Anything with lots of explosions
Anything with lots of exploding aliens.

I may need to add a fourth criterion: anything with giant octopi fighting giant sharks.

This I can't wait to see!

3 comments:

  1. And it's got subs too! Cool!

    BTW Father, have you seen "Eight-legged Freaks"? Sounds like it would be your kind of movie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Subvet,

    Oh Yes! Loved it. There's a weird little kid in me that would love to find himself trapped in a mall fighting giant spiders...very, very cool.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fr, regarding your response to Subvet.....


    I'll pray for you.


    and myself when you come over in a couple months!!

    (by the by,....Subvet immediately added this to our Netflix....bad omen, it's available on DVD the same day as it opens in theaters!~~~ where's MST3K when you need em??)

    ReplyDelete